Welcome!

Greetings and welcome to Room 9's blog.
Here you will find information, thoughts, and links to interesting new learning.
I hope you have fun.
Go and explore:-)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Celebration Rotation Learning....






Today Room 9 continued with their Celebration Rotation. They went to Room 7 where they focused on a Mexican craft and made an item of Mexican food.

After lunch they moved to Room 8 where they focussed on Birthdays.

Room 9: Your Mission...
Tell me all about it! What did you learn about different cultures and how they celebrate. How did the Gods Eye and food you made relate to our celebrations unit.
P.S. Sorry I couldn't post all of your fabulous photos, but you did take some very good shots to show us your learning.

8 comments:

  1. I leart that in mexico they were the first people to have piyatas. georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room 9 went to room 7 and we all made God's eyes. The gods eyes protect you from I think evil or darkness. People in Mexico hang gods eyes in their bedroom and sometimes decorations. I thought it was hard making these because I wasn't doing it propaly and miss Austen had to do it. We made tarteas. they were very yummmm.

    Then room 9 went to room 8 and our celebration was birthdays. We made these things well they looked like snow flakes. I made 2, but I am making one at home aswell. We got to eat fairy bread which is bread,spread,and sprinkle. That's what miss Kent said. the fairy bread was very yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one with the 2 paragraphs is mine.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. In RM 8 we did birthdays I learnt that in Egypt when a baby is I think 10 weeks old the mother steps over the baby and the niebours throw salt over the baby. And in Brazil when its your birthday they crack an egg on your head and pull your ears. From sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt that in mexico people beleve that godeyes bring good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. In room8 we were focusing on birthdays.I learnt that the Japanesse play a fun called keep the ballon in the air.So it can't touch the gound.Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lert that the gods eye pritetid the pepel

    .connor.s

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the part when we start makeing the God's eye

    ReplyDelete