Welcome!

Greetings and welcome to Room 9's blog.
Here you will find information, thoughts, and links to interesting new learning.
I hope you have fun.
Go and explore:-)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Globalisation: Commonwealth Games and Communication.


This term we have begun looking at Globalisation.
Our first activity was to show Miss Shaw what we thought this topic was all about. We placed our topic banner on the floor and set off to find images that we thought might be related to our topic. This showed Miss Shaw what we already knew.



Today we then began looking at the following statement:
We live in an interconnected and interdependent world.

What does this mean for Room 9 students?
How do we know?
What evidence do we have?
Why do we?

Room 9, please post a response to the questions above.

6 comments:

  1. lots of things are made in different places for eg shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interconnected means that we connect in other ways like:
    Talking,phone,email,texting,facebook,and other things like that.I forgot what interdependent means.
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my house I know that my blankits arn't made in New Zealand and my piggy bank isn't made here aswell.Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt that communication is talking and the commen wealth is kind of like games and staff.uma

    ReplyDelete
  5. For room 9 children it means that we can send messages to each other faster and and you can talk more.Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know we live in a interconnected world because my shoes come from thailand louis.j

    ReplyDelete