Welcome!

Greetings and welcome to Room 9's blog.
Here you will find information, thoughts, and links to interesting new learning.
I hope you have fun.
Go and explore:-)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Corbans Art Visit

Today Room 9 and Room 8 visited the Corbans Art Centre as part of our Celebrations unit. It was a hands on session where we were able to produce a piece of art that contained three media. The inspiration for our works came from the Pacific art commonly known as Tapa. Joy began the session by showing us some very import tapa that belonged to her family. From there we went downstairs to the work shop and began the process.
We began by brainstorming ideas about our recent two week school holiday. From that we selected four aspects to tranfer into symbols which would then be included in our piece.
It was all over far too quickly. We had a great time and learnt alot by working throught the art process.
Room 9-Your Mission: Please post comments related to the following aspects
*what facts you learnt about Tapa
*what media we used to create our art. (There was three).
*things you enjoyed about the art.
*new learning about any aspect of the day.

PS Don't forget that Joy will be reading your comments so please let her know how much you learnt from her teaching today.



9 comments:

  1. I learnt that when you are doing the trasing do not press down really hard other wise they don't come out that good.uma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt that when you are doing the tracing to not press down really hard otherwise they don't come out that good and that when you colour in you have to do it softly.I learnt that if you write something it will come out backwards.Uma

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to the Corbans Art Centre,I learnt that blue,purple,and green are cool colours, and that yellow orange and red are warm/hot colours.I used a cold colour and the colour was purple my favourite colour.Also our art teacher Joy, she did a tester with black ink,and she told us that if you lean your arm on the black ink when you are doing your pattern it turns into a black blob.
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never done ink rolling before so I learnt that you put some ink on a hard surface and get your roller and roll the ink in different directions, so that the ink doesn't form layers in the same space. Thank you so much Joy for teaching us mono printing.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt that when you outline you need to be very light.I also learnt that when you are gluing do not put too much glue on otherwise thereis a blob.Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weel done Room 9. I'm glad you have learned something new about tapa and the printing process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learnt that women bash something to make tapa.Jevarnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learnt that if you press too hard your paper sticks and some of the paper gets ripped, I had a great time, thank you Joy
    f.w

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there 3 Kings Primary,
    It's Joy from the Corban Art Centre. I'm so pleased to be reading all your comments from your visit. Sorry it's taking me so long to leave a comment here, my computer has been giving me a few problems. I'm excited to read about all the things you've discovered when you went through the printing process and also the things that you learned about Tapa. I hope you are proud of the work you made and have found a great spot to show off all your new skills in printing. It was such a pleasure to meet you all and I hope that you come back again to learn something new. Have a great rest of the year.

    Joy
    Art Educator CEAC

    ReplyDelete